New product features:
- The roof and door system have been redesigned to make the units easier to unlock and open with a key. Lock caps have been added to prevent ice intrusion and frozen locks.
- The front door is now easier to remove for maintenance.
- The external breaker box has been moved to inside the enclosure.
- The end panel is removable, giving you easier access to the AC connections, fuel pressure measurement, and battery replacement.
- The battery compartment has been modified to accept both lead/acid AND AGM style batteries.
- The unit's battery charging algorithm has also been updated to accommodate either style of battery.
- A built-in sediment moisture trap has been added.
- The brand new electrical connection shelf makes wiring a breeze.
- The updated control panel gives the user instructions on how to reset a fault, reducing emergency calls.
- The newly designed direct-to-dirt composite pad adds 50% more base surface area. You can install this unit right on the dirt or grass without adding a pea gravel bed or a concrete pad (be sure to check with local authority on this).
- The transfer switches have also been updated for better rustproofing and more flexibility.
Want to learn more? Check out the new Generac Learning Center Training Courses. Visit our Training and Resources Section for instructions on how to enroll in these free online training courses: